Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Boy


Finally, it has arrived - Jaron John Ray had his first birthday today. We are hosting a celebration for him on Saturday, so nothing real special today for him. I sang happy birthday to him all day. He has never heard me sing that song before and he just loves it. Somehow he knows its special.

I feel so relieved that the year has past. Today was full of lots of thoughts, mostly amazement on how fast this year went by, I wish i took more pictures and video. If only I would have known that a year ago!
I am somewhat melancholy about the year being over - its hard to explain. It feels like the year was a waste. But it was a year of healing and I feel pretty healed up.
Now I look fwd to this year with Jaron - the spring showing him the flowers - the summer taking him to the creek to skip rocks - the park - the beach - camping - jet skiing! All the things that I have missed so much. Depression is such a thief in the night. It robs you from all the things you love when you aren't looking then you forget that you loved them in the first place.
The fog is starting to lift now and I am walking off the pier. The beach path is off in the distance and now I can see how to get there.

No comments: